Hello and welcome to another Quilling tutorial post on Kalanirmitee.
I wanted to try something new. So I started experimenting with combing techniques. With lots of trials and errors, I was finally able to get what I expected. Here I am sharing with you the technique and the flowers which was made while experimenting. My daughter named it MAJESTIC FLOWER
1) 3mm pink colour quilling strips ( 10)
2) 3mm red colour quilling strips (4)
3) 10mm red colour quilling strips (3)
4) Quilling comb tool
5) Quilling slotted tool
1) Join two 3mm pink colour strips. Take quilling comb tool. Make a small fold in the paper strip at the top prong. Place the glue at the fold. Wrap the strip around prong #9. Make the loops as shown in image below.
2) Complete the loops till prong#3.
3) After completing the looping, cut extra remaining strip.
4) To make a flower, you will need 5 petals done using comb technique.
5) With the help of quilling tool, start rolling the loops downward. For reference see the image above.
6) After rolling all the loops, your petal will look something like this. slightly open the loops. Repeat the same procedure with remaining 4 petals.
7) Five petals are ready. To make a centre, take 4 red colour quilling strips(3mm). Join the ends and roll it into a tight coil. Assemble all the petals to make a majestic flower.
8) Make a fringe flower and place it in the center. Or put a pearl or any other embellishment to complete the flower.
9) Got addicted with this flower...So made few more
Hope you liked this MAJESTIC flower.
Please feel free to contribute and suggest any of your ideas. Your suggestion and comments will always be welcome. Hope you enjoy my blog.