Quilled Jewelry Set:
1) 5mm white colour quilling strips
2) Quilling tool
4) Quilling border buddy
5) Acrylic colours ( I have used Crimson and black colour), brushes
6) Clear Varnish
7) Jewelry material: jump rings, earring hooks, pearls and other embellishments
1) Roll 5mm quilling strip into a tight coil. Glue down the end.Push the coil onto a pencil to form a cone coil.
2) Coat the inside of the coil and allow it to dry.
3) Roll 3 strips adding one after other into a tight coil for a centre. Start placing the cones around the tight coil.
4) Add the cones to form a design.
5) With help of border buddy,make a coil. Shape it into teardrop and place inside the cone as shown in the image below.
6) Earrings and Pendant done.
7) Apply coat of glue and water mixture. This procedure will strengthen the jewelry. Allow it to dry.
8) Next step is to colour your jewelry. I have used crimson and black colour.
9) After colouring is done, allow it to dry. Then apply a thin coat of clear varnish( you get it in any hardware shop). Repeat the coat of varnish if required. Varnish will take 7-8 hrs for drying.
10) Add pearls and embellishments.
Your handmade quilled jewelry set is ready.
Please feel free to contribute and suggest any of your ideas. Your suggestion and comments will always be welcome. Hope you enjoy my blog.